Arís will hold non-equity auditions by appointment only on July 21, 10am-5pm for Not About Heroes by Stephen MacDonald, at the Robert Mello Studio, 4048 Flowers Road, Suite 210, Doraville, GA 30360.
Callbacks will be held Sunday July 22nd, 12pm - 4pm.
About the Play
Not About Heroes is about about the real-life relationship between WWI poets Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon during their time as fellow-patients at Craiglockhart War Hospital near Edinburgh in 1917. Through the eyes of an older Sassoon, and using extracts from the real diaries and letters of both men as well as much of their poetry, we witness how their extraordinary friendship resulted in some of the most moving and memorable poetry to come out of World War I.
The play was first produced by the Dundee Rep at the Netherbow, Edinburgh on 18th August 1982. The production was awarded a Fringe First by the Scotsman. It toured and came to the King’s Head in London, was adapted for Yorkshire TV and BBC Radio 4, all in 1983. In 1986, the play came to the Royal National Theatre and a national tour took place the following year. It received its US premiere at the Williamstown Theatre Festival and transferred to New York in 1985.
- The production is being directed by Frank Miller.
- Actors will be paid.
- Rehearsals: Oct 8th - 31st. Weekday evenings and weekends.
- Performances: Preview Nov 1st, then Thursdays-Sundays through Nov 18th with an industry night on Wednesday Nov 7th at 7 Stages Theatre Back Stage, 1105 Euclid Avenue NE, Atlanta, GA 30307. (Sunday performances are at 2:30pm)
- Audition Format: Actors will be seen in 15 minute time slots. Please prepare a short monologue either from the play or of your own choice (contemporary British preferred but not required). You will also be asked to read a monologue from the play.
- British accents will be required.
To Request an Audition
- Please send an email with the subject: “Not About Heroes Audition Request” to firstname.lastname@example.org You may attach your headshot and resume to your email. (You will also be required to bring a hard copy to the audition.)
- Please indicate your preferred time slot: 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, 2pm-4pm, or 4pm-5pm.
- All audition requests must be received by Sunday, July 15th.
- We will contact you with a specific audition time no later than Wednesday, July 18th.
- When we confirm your audition time we will include a link to the play and copies of the sides.
|Siegfried Sassoon (30-35)
||Wilfred Owen (25)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *