Arís will hold non-equity auditions by appointment only on January 27, 10am-6pm for Lazybed by Iain Crichton Smith, at the Robert Mello Studio, 4048 Flowers Road, Suite 210, Doraville, GA 30360.
About the Play
Murdo is having a metaphysical crisis; he’s taken to his bed, and his mother doesn’t know what to do with him! While he malingers, he is visited by his brother, the gossipy neighbor, his girlfriend, the insurance salesman, the minister, the medical specialist, Immanuel Kant, and Death – who keeps stopping by for a chat. This quirky, dark Scottish comedy is a meditation on life, death, love, and the meaningfulness of the things we all hold dear.
- The production is being directed by Kyle Crew.
- All actors will be paid a stipend.
- Rehearsals: Weekday evenings and weekends beginning April 2nd.
- Performances: April 26-May 13 (Thursdays-Sundays) at 7 Stages Theatre Back Stage, 1105 Euclid Avenue NE, Atlanta, GA 30307.
- Audition Format: 20-minute time slots. Cold readings with assigned partners.
- You will be asked to demonstrate your ability to speak with a Scottish accent.
To Request an Audition
- Please send an email with the subject: “Lazybed Audition Request” to firstname.lastname@example.org You may attach your headshot and resume to your email. (You will also be required to bring a hard copy to the audition.)
- Please indicate your preferred time slot: 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, 2pm-4pm, or 4pm-6pm.
- All audition requests must be received by Saturday, January 20th.
- We will contact you with a specific audition time no later than Wednesday, January 24th.
- When we confirm your audition time we will include a link to the play and copies of the sides.
- 3 Men and 3 Women
- All ethnicities are encouraged to audition.
- Murdo, a crofter
- Murdo’s Mother/Immanuel Kant (both roles played by the same actress)
- Gossipy Neighbour
- Judith, Murdo’s love interest
- Medical Specialist/Insurance Salesman (both roles played by the same actor)
- Murdo’s brother/Church of Scotland Minister (both roles played by the same actor)
Note: The role of Death has already been cast.
In addition, we will be seeking actors for a staged reading of Woman and Scarecrow by Marina Carr. This reading will perform for one night only, on Monday May 7th, at 7:30pm at the 7 Stages Theatre Back Stage. Actors will be required to attend a maximum of four rehearsals, and will be paid a stipend. This reading is being directed by Kathleen McManus.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Our thanks to you all. See you at the theatre!